Deeply Religious Atheists

Atheists like to think that they are scientific or logical about their unbelief. This 1-minute devotion explains why they are neither. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

On Pinterest, two atheists left these comments below one of my pins about the devotion Are You Fireproof?:

“I have to tell you again us atheists will be fine when we die.”(1)

“Indeed we will.”

These two atheists prove what I’ve been teaching about atheism all along.

At first glance they may appear to be arrogant, but they’re no more arrogant than Christians. We confidently proclaim that we will be with Jesus when we die.

What these atheists prove is that atheism is a faith, not a science as they like to claim

They can’t prove there is no God. But they have faith that He doesn’t exist.

And I can’t prove there is a God, but I have faith that He does exist (Hebrews 11:1 & 11:6).

Atheists also have religious practices. For example, a great many of them evangelize against God on social media...like these two.(2) 

Atheism can't be proved through intellect or science, nor can Christianity. They are both based on faith. 

One day those who reject Christ will discover that they won’t "be fine" when they die. I believe this with all of my heart, and it makes me sad for those who suppress this obvious truth (Romans 1:18-20). 
See Without Excuse.
---------------
Atheists like to think that they are scientific or logical about their unbelief. This 1-minute devotion explains why they are neither. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible
(1) This particular person regularly leaves rude comments on my devotions. I tried to kindly answer him at first, but his arguments were always rude, ad hominem, and closed-minded. So I quit debating him based on Proverbs 26:4-5. But let's pray for him. 

(2) Evangelistic atheists have given me material for a number of my devotions: 
✔Misery Loves Company
✔Dealing With Existential Angst 
✔Use Your Brain  
✔Proud Fools - God Can Use Atheists to Teach Christians  
✔Foolish Reasoning  
✔Responding to Atheistic Arguments  
✔4 Proofs of God  
✔Sheeple  
✔A Fool's Understanding - Psalm 14:1  

Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. This was from my Bible reading this morning and I thought it may also give you some encouragement today.

    Colossians 2: 8-10
    8 See to it, then, that no one enslaves you by means of the worthless deceit of human wisdom, which comes from the teachings handed down by human beings and from the ruling spirits of the universe, and not from Christ. 9 For the full content of divine nature lives in Christ, in his humanity, 10 and you have been given full life in union with him. He is supreme over every spiritual ruler and authority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a niece who proudly claims she is an atheist. I can only pray for her and do ever day.

    ReplyDelete