A Funny Mistake … Or a Double-Edged Sword?

When I saw the mistake on the Christian journal, it made me laugh...but then I thought of its significance.

Looking through some Christian journals in a discount store, I found one that said, “For I Know the Plans I Have for You. Jeremiah 19:11.”


I had to laugh.

Jeremiah 29:11 reads, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

But Jeremiah 19:11 reads:

“Then break the jar while those who go with you are watching and say to them, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty says: I will smash this nation and this city just as this potter’s jar is smashed and cannot be repaired. They will bury the dead in Topheth until there is no more room.’” (Jeremiah 19:10-11)

The journal was right about one thing, those were God's plans, plans of judgment against Judah's unrepentant involvement in idolatry, injustice, and immorality.

God's plans and His Word are a double-edged sword, dividing truth from error, belief from unbelief, reward from punishment (Hebrews 4:12).

This verse on the journal doesn't make the journal a good gift for a Christian friend, but this mistake is a good reminder that while God is patient, longsuffering, forgiving, and loving, people and nations can get to a point where He justly and righteously removes His protection and we receive what we deserve.

One of the plans God has for each of us is to pray for our nations, for ourselves, and for Christians throughout the world to stand firm against idolatry, injustice, and immorality. Let's do it!
 
💙💙💙 
 
People often misunderstand Jeremiah 29:11. This one-minute devotion explains: Jeremiah 29:11 - Misused and Misunderstood. 
 
Please check out Lies in Disguise, and ask God if there's someone you know who would benefit from the wisdom it provides. 
 

 
When I saw the mistake on the Christian journal, it made me laugh...but then I thought of its significance.

 
BLN

No comments:

Post a Comment