Joy Produces Energy

Joy produces energy, Joy prevents legalism, Philippians 4:4, Rejoice Always
“Joy is the motor, the thing that keeps everything else going…Joy produces energy. Joy makes us strong.” 
Richard Foster

Often I write about our obligations as Christians because I need to be reminded of them, and I think you do as well. 

But it’s so easy to slip into legalism, taking pride in our Bible study, prayer, fellowship, and acts of service. And legalism always kills joy and turns love into a duty or a business deal.

So how do we overcome this legalism and still emphasize our Biblical obligations?

I’m not sure I know the answer, but I believe it has something to do with bringing joy to every discipline we have in Christ.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” Philippians 4:4


And it's also important to learn from each other, so I'd love to hear how you make joy a part of your disciplines. Why not leave a comment and let readers hear your insights?



Don't miss this week's marriage post: Divorce in Shades of Gray
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

3 comments:

  1. Thankfulness even when you don't feel like it will help tremendously in bringing joy into your heart and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One way is to remember its not all about me. Server others as Jesus showed us too and it somehow brings joy. Thats just one way!
    Stopping by from Moms Library Link Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy can be hard to practice when we are doing the same things over and over. I try to savor the joy I have with my children by taking a few extra minutes with them if they are especially enjoying themselves with an activity or on a walk. It is very easy to try and stick to a strict schedule and make things into a "duty" rather than a joyous privilege.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...