Thursday

What's Your Addiction? God Has the Answer!

1 Corinthians 10:13, God will not allow you to be tempted beyond your ability, temptations, smoking
I heard a woman say, "I'll stop smoking when God takes away the desire." 

God can do that. 

But He rarely does. 

Most Christians must diligently submit their wills to God and repeatedly deny their temptations. 

A friend told me he thought he'd never quit smoking. Then, one night when he was longing for a cigarette, he picked up his Bible and read 1 Corinthians 10:13:

"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." NLT

He realized others had quit and he could too. God wouldn't allow it to be too hard. He'd provide a way. That word from God gave him strength to deny himself. 

He quit!

The principles in 1 Corinthians 10:13 are important to remember whenever we face temptations.

4 comments:

  1. What a great verse to remember and memorize. I'm not a smoker but I have a hard time with sweets and carbohydrates. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Connie, when my friend shared about it helping him overcome smoking, I immediately applied it to some of my "addictions."
      I will share that in another devo.
      : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...