There's a warning in 2 Timothy 3:1-5 for those who profess Christ but are only nominal Christians (i.e. in name only).
Like weeds among us, they are:
1. Lovers of themselves, boastful, conceited.
2. Lovers of money, lacking self-control, claiming God wants them rich.
3. Disrespectful of parents,(1) ungrateful, disinterested.
4. Lovers of Pleasure, unholy: Involved in immoral entertainment, porno or immorality.
When people claim to have a relationship with God while ignoring His commands, they are those described as "having a form of godliness while denying its power."
If we know Jesus, we have a deep sense of being loved but we also have a godly fear of violating His loving commands.
Dear Christians, let's speak and live against things which break God's heart (Mark 8:38).
(1) It might surprise you to find this sin listed with other adult sins. This is also listed as an adult sin in Romans 1:30 and is not about adults obeying parents as a young child obeys a parent. It's about obeying God to respect and honor parents. Commentators explain it this way: "This expresses the idea that they did not show to parents that honor, respect, and attention which was due" (Barnes' Notes on the Bible); "stubborn and rebellious against those that bare them." (Matthew Poole's Commentary); The Greek word for disobedience in this passage notes an unwillingness to prefer what God prefers - God tells men to honor their parents, but in the last days children of all ages will not agree with God about honoring their parents.
Check out the highlighted words for more 1-minute devotions about related subjects.