An Englishwoman I met in Croatia told me she was shocked when she downloaded Fifty Shades of Grey to her Kindle. Her friend recommended it, but she found it "profane."(1)
I was surprised when it became so popular among mainstream women that it was dubbed "mommy-porn." And I was shocked when I heard a few Christians defending it.
Sometimes we modern-day Christians see things in shades of gray when they are actually black and white, and this “mommy-porn” is one example.
No shades of gray here: We should not be entertaining ourselves with anything that glorifies immorality. It doesn’t enhance our relationship with God or our husband, no matter what anyone says.*
We mock God’s design when we enjoy books or movies that glorify illicit sex in any form, but especially when associated with bondage.
|LA Times, Academy of Women's health|
* Please click to read these verses:
- Psalm 101:3 (read nothing vile)
- 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 (flee sexual immorality)
- Hebrews 13:4 (the marriage bed should be kept pure)
- Matthew 5:27 (lustful thoughts are sinful)
- Philippians 4:8 (think on things that are pure and praiseworthy)
For more 1-Minute devotions on things that influence our hearts, click HERE.
Sign up below for a free subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes: