The Wrong Way and the Right Way to Determine Truth

There's a powerful influence on value formation, and Christians need to be aware and on  guard against it. This 1-minute devotion explains.

I used to live next door to a couple who wasn't married but living together. They were good neighbors. 


Once I was in an organization with a woman who was a Mormon. She was friendly and helpful.

I know atheists who are reasonable and generous.

Why am I telling you this?

Because none of these people made me change my beliefs about God's moral values, the danger of cults, or the truth about salvation in Christ. That's because genuine beliefs aren't based on human influence. They're based on knowing God and His Word.

Sadly, some churches change their views about divorce when a respected church member gets divorced without biblical reasons. 

Some people change their views about cohabitation and same-sex relationships when loved ones start living together or come out as gay. 

When a church or individual changes their views about moral commands in Scripture, they're choosing human relationships over their relationship with God.

But remnant Christians understand that God's commands always have been and always will be healthier and more loving than worldly philosophies.

So answer this question carefully: Do friends and family determine your moral values? Or do you trust the Word of our all-knowing, unchanging, loving God? See some of His words below.

💙💙💙 

For more on this subject, see Being Christ-Followers in a Sexually Immoral Culture.

Some pertinent Scriptures

Galatians 1:10: “Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

Mark 8:38: “If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.”

1 Corinthians 15:58“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”

Romans 12:2“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Click image below to find out more about Wisdom for Life, a hardcover devotional priced lower than most paperbacks.
Great Devotional!



There's a powerful influence on value formation, and Christians need to be aware and on  guard against it. This 1-minute devotion explains.



Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. Very good and insightful. I was looking for the right words to relay this exact subject to someone whom I love very much ... I appreciate the help! God bless.

    ReplyDelete