I Can't Be Happy Unless....

Sometimes we think we can't be happy until a situation changes. This 1-minute devotion addresses the Biblical attitude toward bad circumstances. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Someone deeply wounded my heart. I “knew” I couldn’t be happy unless we reconciled. I prayed, pleaded, and wept for reconciliation. But the other person wasn’t interested.

Months became years, and finally I realized the situation might never change… so I needed to change. 

Sometimes we put ourselves in a "prison." We decide that we can never be happy unless and until our circumstances change. Not true. 

To get our of my "prison," I needed to remember that my Shepherd’s love is greater than my pain. He’s all I need for contentment and joy. 

I still have sorrow about the broken relationship, but I'm so glad I didn't let it ruin my life. I've moved on to take hold of the plans and purposes God has for my life (Ephesians 2:10). And in the process, I've learned that God is using my sorrow for good in the lives of others (2 Corinthians 1:3-7).

I admit that it's a process, but I'm learning to “Rejoice in the Lord always" and allow "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding"  to guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7


These 8 Steps for Overcoming Bitterness were also helpful in dealing with my disappointment in this situation.
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE 
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Sometimes we think we can't be happy until a situation changes. This 1-minute devotion addresses the Biblical attitude toward bad circumstances.



Sometimes we think we can't be happy until a situation changes. This 1-minute devotion addresses the Biblical attitude toward bad circumstances.







1 comment: