Prosperous Paul

The Life of Paul Refutes the Prosperity Gospel
I wonder if those who preach the modern prosperity gospel have read the stories of Joseph, Daniel or Paul. 

If these prosperity preachers had preached during Paul's day, we might have another Epistle condemning their heresy. 

But we don't need another Epistle because the entire Bible refutes a prosperity message. 

I don't believe in the prosperity gospel, but I sometimes succumb to a similar heresy, and I've found many other Christians do the same.

It's the heresy that God will take away my troubles and make my path smooth if I'm trying to do the right things. 

As if Joseph, Daniel and Paul didn't do the right things. 

Instead, we all need to remember these words of Paul: 

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:12-13 

image: Stockvault

Bible Love Notes is non-profit, designed to encourage your love for God and His Word. If you enjoy Bible Love Notes, why not forward your favorite 1-minute devotions to your friends and tell them how easy it is to subscribe. Thanks, Gail

The Life of Paul Refutes the Prosperity Gospel


5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...