If Looks Could Kill

Matthew 5:22 talks about a form of murder we all have committed. Before you claim you've never murdered anyone, check out this 1-minute devotion. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Very few of us will literally disobey the Sixth Commandment by killing someone. 

But Christ explained in Matthew 5:21-22 that we can commit lesser forms of murder by being angry with someone, having hateful thoughts, even calling them an idiot! 

Perhaps the easiest way to murder is with a dirty look. “If looks could kill” we’d probably all be dead. 

An upraised eyebrow, a condescending shake of the head, a mean pursing of the lips can express ‘murder’ for a minute. I wish I could say I’ve never murdered anyone this way, but I have. I’m actually a serial killer when it comes to my husband, the human being I love most. Fortunately, he’s lived to forgive me.

But I want to quit violating this command. Will you join me in asking God’s help to overcome a spirit of murder, no matter how subtle?
--------------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Matthew 5:22 talks about a form of murder we all have committed. Before you claim you've never murdered anyone, check out this 1-minute devotion. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment