Tuesday

If Looks Could Kill

thoughts on the 6th Commandment, Thou Shalt Not Kill, Kill with looks
Very few of us will literally disobey the Sixth Commandment by killing someone. 

But Christ explained in Matthew 5:21,22 that we can commit lesser forms of murder by being angry with someone, having hateful thoughts, even calling them an idiot! 

Perhaps the easiest way to murder is with a dirty look. “If looks could kill” we’d probably all be dead. 

An upraised eyebrow, a condescending shake of the head, a mean pursing of the lips can express ‘murder’ for a minute. I wish I could say I’ve never murdered anyone this way, but I have. I’m actually a serial killer when it comes to my husband, the human being I love most. Fortunately, he’s lived to forgive me.

But I want to quit violating this command. Will you join me in asking God’s help to overcome a spirit of murder, no matter how subtle?
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

Sign up below to have 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email box.

For free email delivery enter your email address and VALIDATE Feedburner email sent to your inbox:


FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...