Key to Answered Prayer

Key to Answered prayer
God promises to fulfill our heart desires. 

But there's one critical condition: First we must delight ourselves in Him. 

"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 NLT

If we're looking to fulfill selfish desires, we should memorize 1 Timothy 6:9-10, not Psalm 37:4. Because "some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows." 

If we think we can use prayer to get our way, we'll always be disappointed. James 4:3 says God doesn't answer selfish prayers.

But when we delight ourselves in the Lord--i.e. find our happiness in the Lord, listen to and obey Him, enjoy and treasure our relationship with Him above all else--then we no longer want to please ourselves. 

We want to please God. 

We begin to think His thoughts ... and have His desires. 

And that is the real key to answered prayer (1 John 5:14-15). 

For additional thoughts and Scriptures on this devotion, see Bite Size Bible Study HERE.
Key to Answered prayer

2 comments:

  1. This is blessing to read this; for me, I have learned that once I gave my heart to the Lord without reservations, the desires of this world grew cold. My heart then turned towards pleasing Him and helping others. I find when my focus is off Him, my desires then turn back to me and myself and my wants. The key is to stay focused on the Lord and the things (as the song says) will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...