Always Thankful

prayer, grateful heart, God, Bible, Philippians 2:12-13, Philippians 4:4-6
I have some friends who are naturally thankful.

But gratefulness doesn't come naturally for most of us. That's why we must "work out our salvation" (Philippians 2:12) letting God replace our character with His (Philippians 2:13).

Last month I began a discipline that has been helpful to that end: Whenever I write down a prayer request, I first write a praise or thanksgiving. 

For example when I ask for healing, I first thank God for some aspect of my health I take for granted. If I pray about a problem relationship, I praise God for the way He designed us for relationships with Him and others.

"Rejoice in the Lord always ... in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:4,6 

Sometimes we need to "discipline" ourselves to be grateful and praise God. If you have any ideas for creating a grateful heart, please leave them in the comment section. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I am alive, I am awake, I am blessed, I am grateful and I am thankful. I welcome peace, joy and contentment into my lane of life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...