Thankfulness - an Important Aspect of Prayer

This 1-minute devotion offers a practical and relatively easy way to enrich your prayer life.

I have some friends who are naturally thankful.

But gratefulness doesn't come naturally for most of us. That's why we must "work out our salvation" (Philippians 2:12), letting God replace our character with His (Philippians 2:13).

At times when I've become aware of an ungrateful attitude in myself, I've used this practice to get back on track: Whenever I write down a prayer request, I first write an item for praise or thanksgiving. 

For example, when I ask for healing, I first thank God for some aspect of my health I take for granted. If I pray about a problem relationship, I praise God for the way He designed us for relationships or I thank Him for a good relationship in my life.

"Rejoice in the Lord always ... in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:4-6 

Sometimes we need to "discipline" ourselves to be grateful and praise God. 

These 1-minute devotions will help you understand the importance of a grateful heart:

Don't Underestimate the Power of Gratitude

10 Scriptures About Thankfulness

Practicing Gratefulness

15 Benefits of Being Thankful

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. 

I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet offering quiet time encouragement. Find out more HERE.

This 1-minute devotion offers a practical and relatively easy way to enrich your prayer life.




This 1-minute devotion offers a practical and relatively easy way to enrich your prayer life.


Bible Love Notes

3 comments:

  1. I am alive, I am awake, I am blessed, I am grateful and I am thankful. I welcome peace, joy and contentment into my lane of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when undeserved, I am abundantly blessed. I need to rely on God every second and minute of everyday! In Jesus name Amen

    ReplyDelete