Photos & Prayers

prayer, effective prayer, ways to pray easier
A picture is worth 1000 words. And, it’s also a great prayer reminder. 

When we moved to Budapest in 2004, I took a small photo album of my family, friends and missionaries. It was a great prayer tool … much better than a written list. 

I’m always looking for ways to be more faithful in prayer, and this photo album helped. I could toss it in my purse and pray on the bus or while waiting for an appointment. When someone needed special prayer, I could pull their picture from the album and use it as a bookmark or put it somewhere in my house where I’d see it often. 

Before we left for Budapest last month, I laminated a family photo and put it on my prayer journal. 

Every time I get out my journal to pray, I see my loved ones smiling faces—a great way to start prayer with thanksgiving.

Have you used photos as prayer reminders? 

Dear Readers, This week I’m featuring 5 posts on prayer, each designed to give you practical ideas for making your prayer life more effective. I’d love to have you share your ideas in the comment section of the posts where others can benefit. 
Praying for you, Gail


9 comments:

  1. Totally wonderful idea! I'm going to start going through family pictures today! And it's a great opportunity to make a personalized album too. Looking forward to the marriage series in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Gail! We are often at those times when we have to wait, this is a great time to pull out that little photo album and pray. But hey, we could always use our smart phone pictures too. Keep up the great work you do for Christ and pressing toward the prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think of using the photos on your phone. Great idea.

      Delete
  3. Hi Gail! Yes, I do use pictures. I also have a picture frame with black as the background where I write my family's and friends names. These are above my desk so at anytime I am at the desk I can remember to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your prayer journal ... I'm going to make one for my vacation! (Just a note - Tomorrow, Oct. 1st, a 31-day challenge to pray for sons begins (http://www.mikeleake.net/2013/09/pray-for-your-son-31-day-challenge.html ) - and one for daughters begins in later months.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea with adding pictures, I will have to copy this. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...