A Love that Is Higher than the Heavens, a Faithfulness that Reaches to the Skies

If you're dealing with difficulties, I pray you know about the Love that is higher than the heavens and the faithfulness that reaches to the skies.

I read Psalm 108 this morning, and I was challenged by David’s faith. He was obviously sitting in the midst of a serious problem, feeling that God had rejected His people and no longer was with them in battle (verse 11).

Despite this, David begins his psalm with confident praise for the Lord: “I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth (verses 3-5). 

And David ends the psalm with confidence in God’s power: “With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies” (verses 12-13). 

I’m not leading a country or commanding an army as David was, but there are times when I find myself sitting in the midst of some difficult problems. 

When this happens, I want to be like David, praising God for His love and faithfulness and expressing my confidence in His power. 

I want to put my confidence in God, not human philosophies (verse 12). 

Even if God doesn’t free me from my difficulty, I want to remember that He will be there to walk me through it. May I depend on His love and faithfulness which are “higher than the heavens.” 

💙💙💙

Since starting Bible Love Notes, I've written over 3000 devotions, and that doesn't include my book Wisdom for Life which features 100 one-minute devotions from Psalms and Proverbs.

But no matter how much we read and study God's Word, there are always new and wonderful things to learn about our God!

You might enjoy these devotions today:

Christians Are Life-Long Students of Jesus

Even if He Doesn't

If you're dealing with difficulties, I pray you know about the Love that is higher than the heavens and the faithfulness that reaches to the skies.

 
Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment