Christians Are Life-long Students of Jesus

This 1-minute devotion encourages us to be life-long students of Jesus. Check it out and see what this means. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Christians should be committed to life-long education as full-time students of Jesus (2 Timothy 2:15).

Unfortunately, things get in our way:

1. Pride
Thinking we already have all the answers.
Proverbs 11:2

2. Compromise
Thinking we can integrate cultural philosophies with Scripture.
Colossians 2:8

This 1-minute devotion encourages us to be life-long students of Jesus. Check it out and see what this means.

3. Self-satisfaction

Thinking we’re fine as we are.
Romans 12:3

4. Abdication
Thinking others can study Scripture for us and tell us what it says.
Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:1

These hindrances lead down dangerous paths of self-righteousness, sin, weakness, and false teachings.

I’ve studied Scripture for over 40 years and have a master’s degree from seminary, but I still need regular time in God’s Word to convict me of compromise and warn me of false teaching. I need to daily confess my sins, pray for myself and others, and listen to God’s guidance. I need to see difficulties as opportunities to apply my faith. And I need regular fellowship with other believers. 

I need to be a full-time, life-long student of Jesus. So do you!
----------------
Psalm 119 gives a balanced look at growing in Christ: 9 Disciplines of Growing Christians.
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" "read sample" on Lifeway or Amazon.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


This 1-minute devotion encourages us to be life-long students of Jesus. Check it out and see what this means. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Bible Love Notes

2 comments: