Even if He Doesn't

When you are facing difficulties, remember Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego's statement of faith in Daniel 3.

When we read the story in Daniel 3, we usually focus on the wonderful way God saved Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from a fire so hot that it killed the men who threw them into it. But their statement in verses 16-18 is every bit as important as God’s rescue: 

"Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, 'King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.'" Daniel 3:16-18

As Christians, we know that God can save us from anything. ANYTHING!! But like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego we will serve Him even when He allows us to face “fiery furnaces” like sickness, hardship, or mistreatment. 

We honor God in the miraculous rescues and in the persecution and hardship. This truth is confirmed in Hebrews 11 where two types of people are commended for their faith—those who conquered kingdoms and overcame great obstacles and those who were beaten, imprisoned, mistreated, and killed for their faith. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

To read about three people who have blessed God in their hardships see Wheelchair Miracle, When Hardship is a Privilege, and Against the Odds.

If you haven’t heard Mercy Me’s song about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego’s statement, I encourage you to give it a listen: Even If


When you are facing difficulties, remember Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego's statement of faith in Daniel 3.


Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. "Even If" is one of my favorites! A few years ago, I found myself in the middle of a health crisis. I prayed for healing but I was faced with the possibility of a permanent situation or a least the possibility of only partial healing. It was the first time in my life, I had to pray "but even if you don't, I will still love you. I will still worship you. You are forever my God." It was the same year MercyMe came out with "Even If." I adopted that song as one of my "life songs."

    This is an important post. Thank you for the reminder that God's answer is not always, "Yes." Thank you for showing so many how to cling to faith in an unfailing God "even if."

    ReplyDelete