I Sure Need Some Peace. How About You?

Do you need peace? Then you'll enjoy the wonderful Scriptures in this 1-minute devotion!

For the past six months, I’ve had increased responsibilities working on the Wisdom for Life devotional,(1) Bible Love Notes, and a women’s Bible study I’m leading at my church. In addition, my heart has been heavy regarding family members who’ve walked away from the Lord. 

So I loved compiling this list of Scriptures

Isaiah 26:3 - "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" 

Peace comes from fixing my thoughts on the Lord. 

Psalm 119:165 - "Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble." 

As I trust and enjoy God’s Word, it will give me peace.

Isaiah 32:17 - "Righteousness will bring peace. Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever." 

As I turn from sinful worry, I experience the fruit of peace. 

John 16:33: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~ Jesus

God promises a peace that's not based on circumstances.(2)

Philippians 4:6-7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 

I’ll never understand God’s wonderful peace, but it will guard my heart and mind.

(1) If you haven't heard about Bible Love Notes first book of 1-minute devotions, see A Bible Love Notes Book in Spring 2023.

(2) Romans 8:28; James 1:2-4

💙💙💙💙💙 

More on this subject: 

A Sinful, Unnecessary Waste of Time

Scriptures for Overcoming Fear and Worry

God's Rule for Overcoming Worry

 

 

Do you need peace? Then you'll enjoy the wonderful Scriptures in this 1-minute devotion!

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment