Worry - Our Biggest Waste of Time

Worry wastes our time and resources...

One morning I awoke to a challenge--a difficult situation. 

I spent the next 6 hours trying to think of ways to solve my problem. 

I wrote a couple of emails I didn't send, complained to my husband, and did a bunch of fretting. Basically,  "I starved all day and grew weak."

Then, I remembered what I needed, pulled out my Bible and journal, went out on my patio, and had some time with the Lord. 

It changed my perspective completely. God spoke to me through Scripture, and I did the right thing--something I could have done hours before if I'd fed myself real food instead of the junk food I kept nibbling on. 

"Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God... For the word of God is alive and active...it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Matthew 4:4 & Hebrews 4:12 

7 comments:

  1. Yes :) I love this post, thank you. Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a powerful and profound post--and something I can relate to (unfortunately) oh so well! Thank you, as always, Gail, for the reminder to return to the One who knows us, loves us, and guides us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's unbelievable to me, Gail, how often I forget that prayer is something I can do in the middle of the day when I need guidance. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Gail. It's so easy to get off track and spend time fretting over our concerns instead of just placing them at His feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!! Right on track! Help us Lord to put you first and our worries would go away...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...