The Real Jesus Is Very Concerned with Our Obedience

Jesus Describes what it means to be a true follower. And it may surprise some nominal Christians.

Sometimes I’m surprised to hear people’s descriptions of Jesus because they make Him sound like a guy whose only purpose is to make us feel good about ourselves with no concern for how we live our lives (2 Corinthians 11:4). 

But the real Jesus doesn't see it that way at all:

“You are my friends if you do what I command.” John 15:14 

“Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” John 14:21 

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. John 14:23-24

Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” John 8:51 

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Matthew 7:13-14

Let's reject false views of Jesus.

-----------------

Jesus Describes what it means to be a true follower. And it may surprise some nominal Christians.

Walking with Christ affects a number of areas in our lives, and we grow and make progress in these areas as we follow the Lord. These devotions can encourage you in some of these different areas:

Quiet Time Tips, a collection of 1-minute devotions about making your quiet time more meaningful. If you're struggling in this area, may I suggest Quiet Time Guilt, Bold Baby Steps, and Spice Up Your Quiet Time.

Overcoming Bitterness, a collection of 1-minute devotions to help you deal with any bitterness that may be interfering with your relationship with the Lord. 

Accepting Correction, a collection of 1-minute devotions encouraging us to admit fault and do something about it.  


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment