Quiet Time Guilt

Quiet Time Guilt, Quiet Time
source of image at bottom
Sometimes I can be legalistic about quiet times. 

It's true that prayer is necessary in our relationship with the Lord just like conversation is necessary in our relationship with friends.

It's true that Bible study is necessary for accurately understanding God and His principles.

It's true that most folks need to set aside a special time with the Lord each day.

But guilt produces poor results and it turns our most special relationship into a duty.

Let’s ask God how He wants us to move closer to Him. And let's replace guilt with desire.


Reading sources: Tyranny of Quiet Time;    Freedom From Quiet Time Guilt 
Image: Ambro Free Digital Photos

If you're a grandparent, check out Part 3 of Joyful Grandparenting about praying for our grandchildren. This is part of an article that was published in Reach Out Columbia Magazine in September.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you Gail. We must not make it a rigid pattern, it is the relationship that counts. When it comes to my prayer time, I adopt Jesus' message to Peter- Could you not tarry with me for one hour?
    Thanks for sharing sis, have a super blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I absolutely agree with you Gail. Some people whose names I don't want to mention (but they live in my house, hahaha) Have tried to make me feel guilty for these reasons that you mention. But time restrictions, and as you say personality and learning styles gets on the way but that is not and should not be the measure of our love for Our Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true... Thanks for linking up with Thrive @ Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, thank you. I think we feel like we have to be 'doing' something that others can see the results of (ie. cleaning, mowing, working....) Hopefully, they can see the doing within.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...