Monday

Bold Baby Steps

living for Christ, Being bolder for Christ
Artwork: Billy Frank Alexander
"When did we start believing that God wants to send us to safe places to do easy things? ... Jesus didn't die to keep us safe. He died to make us dangerous. Faithfulness is not holding the fort. It's storming the gates of hell. The will of God is not an insurance plan. It's a daring plan." 
~ Mark Batterson* 

I'm reading missionary biographies with my granddaughter, and they're powerfully inspiring.

They help me realize:
  • Very ordinary people have done exceptional things for God. 
  • The world is suffering without our Savior. 
  • Life is painfully short and eternity is wonderfully long. 
Sometimes I read about these marvelous Christians, and I think: 'I can't live like they lived. I might as well give up.' 

But God is teaching me that baby steps are better than no steps. 

So I'm asking: What one thing can I do to live my faith more boldly, dangerously, and daring today? 

What one thing can you do? 

*All In: You Are One Decision Away from a Totally Different Life


for Scriptural inspiration and suggestions to take a few baby steps, see today's Bite Size Bible Study--Bold Baby Steps Study.







4 comments:

  1. Love the graphic on this post--it really helps me remember the message you are sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pam, I love this graphic too. It's done by Christian artist Billy Frank Alexander.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this quote from Mark Batterson, it really inspired me! "Jesus didn't die to make us safe, he died to make us dangerous!" Wow, that is so powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also inspired and convicted by this quote, Vicki.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...