- At 35, my immune system collapsed, followed by 5 years of flu-like symptoms.
- This threw off my hormones and I was post-menopausal at 40. (Über challenging).
- I’ve had IBS for 20 years.
- At 55 I had severe food poisoning; at 58, I broke my ankle; and at 60, I tore my PCL, all while doing Christian work overseas.
- In the last few years, my hair has thinned, I've developed dry eye, lost some hearing in one ear, developed a sinus polyp, formed an inoperable cyst on one arch and a bunion.
- This year’s flu left me with dry/burning mouth syndrome.*
Life reminds us that our world is fallen.
But the good news is this: We're not home yet.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. "
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
* please pray for me. This has been a challenging year for my health.
LISTEN to this devotion below. If you can't get the audio on Internet Explorer, try another browser.
Subscribers need to click the link in the title and come to the Bible Love Notes site. Thanks.