Soft Words

Bible, Scripture, Changed lives, Hard truths
“We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior.”
― John R.W. Stott

If we're honest with ourselves, few of us want God’s Word to reform us. Instead, we only want affirmation, encouragement, and comfort.

This comes from our false sense of who we are and how we think we should be treated. We think every child on a sport's team deserves a trophy, even the ones who don’t try. We think we deserve affirmation even when we’ve done a poor job. We have difficulty admitting we’re wrong, and we think rebuke is unloving.

We have forgotten this truth: 
"My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.” Hebrews 12:5-6 NLT

I'd love to have you subscribe to Bible Love Notes (it's free). Just fill in the box on the top sidebar. Thanks! Gail

3 comments:

  1. thank-you for these daily devotions, I am always challenged and inspired. Blessings...Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Go to rebuke me, but more often, I think you're right an I really don't want that deep down at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to have discovered these 1-Minute Bible Love Notes. I love them and appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...