Indeed, the Very Hairs of Your Head Are All Numbered

When the doctor said I could lose my hair, God comforted me with this wonderful passage of Scripture. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

“You might lose all your hair,” the dermatologist said. This is bad news for a man, but you can imagine how I felt as a woman.

An illness started this rapid hair loss, and I was scared. I googled and discovered we average 90,000-140,000 head hairs (blondes have the most). It’s normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day, but I was losing more than 500! (Yes, I counted one day.)

My hair continued to thin for six months before returning to normal, and during that time, Luke 12:7 became precious to me:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

If things in your life are uncertain, scary, or confusing, put your hope in the God who loves you and knows you right down to the number of hairs on your head!

--------------------------------

Update: After recovery from this particular illness/hair loss, my body continues to react to stress with hair loss. And this verse continues to be a comfort. My condition is called chronic telogen effluvium.



When the doctor said I could lose my hair, God comforted me with this wonderful passage of Scripture.

Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. When I got cancer, I had chemo & my hair fell completely out almost immediately & I was bald almost a year before it started coming back & now it is very thin. God comforted me & gave me His strength cause I sure had none. God is good. I look at all the birds in our yard, especially robins at this time & they are wonderful reminders about God's love!

    ReplyDelete