Tuesday

Indeed, the Very Hairs of Your Head Are All Numbered

Luke 12:7, losing hair, God knows the number of hairs on our head, comfort
Trusting God even when you're losing your hair...

“You might lose all your hair,” the dermatologist said. This is bad news for a man, but you can imagine how I felt as a woman.

An illness started this rapid hair loss, and I was scared. I googled and discovered we average 90,000-140,000 head hairs (blondes have the most). It’s normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day, but I was losing more than 500! (Yes, I counted one day.)

My hair continued to thin for six months before returning to normal, and during that time, Luke 12:7 became precious to me:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

If things in your life are uncertain, scary, or confusing, put your hope in the God who loves you and knows you right down to the number of hairs on your head!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

Update: After recovery from this particular illness/hair loss, my body continues to react to stress with hair loss. And this verse continues to be a comfort. My condition is called chronic telogen effluvium.

To read another devotion about God's provision, read "The Parable of the Cantaloupe" 
Sign up below for a free subscription. Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox to start the subscription:
 
For free email delivery of Bible Love Notes

Enter your email address

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...