Do You Love Me or Do You Not?

When I read Psalm 96, I thought of this funny phrase, but it had a profound meaning for me. This devotion explains.

Do you love me or do you not? You told me once, but I forgot.*

This humorous question came to mind when I was reading Psalm 96

Like so many other psalms, Psalm 96 is filled with abundant praise to God.  

It reminded me that I spend lots of time talking to God, but not enough time praising Him, telling Him I love Him, and reminding myself of His wonderful character. Of course, God never asks, "Do you love me or do you not?"

He knows all things, so He knows how much I love Him. But I want to proclaim it more often. So let me start here: I love the Lord! He's incredible! 

He has often done more than I could ask and imagine in my life (Ephesians 3:20-21). For example, I’m continually amazed that He gave me such a perfect soulmate in my husband, even though neither my husband nor I were Christians when we married. 

God has been with me during times of sorrow and difficulty, showing the kind of comfort and love that only He can give (2 Corinthians 1:3-7). 

God has allowed some very hard things in my life, but He's used them to strengthen my faith and give me the confidence that no matter who betrays or rejects me, He is my ever-present, unchanging stronghold (Romans 5:1-5; Psalm 9:9). 

I could talk continually about His love, comfort, and guidance in my life…but I don’t do it often enough! 
 
💙💙💙

I think you'll be encouraged by these two devotions: If You Have Breath and Are You Wearing Praise Today?

* I tried to verify the author, but the line is used in a number of poems/songs with various authors credited.  
💙💙💙💙

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. You can find out where to purchase it and download 2 free Bible studies with purchase HERE.  
 
If you've already purchased Wisdom for Life and you're enjoying it, please leave a review on Amazon! Thanks!
 
 
 
When I read Psalm 96, I thought of this funny phrase, but it had a profound meaning for me. This devotion explains.


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment