Praying for Satan's Captives

This 1-minute devotion offers an excellent prayer for those who have been taken captive by Satan (2 Timothy 2:25-26). #BibleLoveNoes #Bible #Devotions

One morning I woke up with a loved one on my heart. 

As I was praying for him, 2 Timothy 2:25-26 came to mind and I prayed that “God will grant [him] repentance leading [him] to a knowledge of the truth, and that [he] will come to [his] senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken [him] captive to do his will.”

Sometimes we have friends or family who head in the wrong direction, and their behavior makes no sense. Senseless behavior is often a sign that they’ve been taken captive to do Satan’s will, especially if their behavior is unsafe or ungodly.

We can resist Satan because God always provides a way out (James 4:7; 1 Corinthians 10:13). 

But when a friend or family member chooses not to resist, we can pray this Scripture for them.

Ever since that morning I’ve been praying these verses for my loved one.

Do you need to pray this prayer for someone you know?

🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔🎔  

More 1-minute devotions on praying Scripture:

Passages and Prayers

6 Good Prayers from the Epistles

Benefits of Praying Philippians 1:9-11

6 Reasons to Pray Colossians 1:9

10 Good Prayers from the Psalms


This 1-minute devotion offers an excellent prayer for those who have been taken captive by Satan (2 Timothy 2:25-26). #BibleLoveNoes #Bible #Devotions

Bible Love Notes

7 comments:

  1. Though I don't believe in praying in proxy (like people who believe that they can pray their loved ones out of purgatory, as the Bible doesn't support that), this message was right on for my situation. I need to realize that they are being held captive, even innocently initially (but later warned and hasn't heeded). The Lord was patient with me, though when He came a second time to warn me, I could tell that I better not put it off any longer, and heeded His then FIRM, yet gentle, instruction. "All we like [His] sheep have gone astray" at one time or another in the race to win the prize of our salvation. May we listen for His urgent call to return to the safety of His fold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Teresa, I agree with you that we don't pray for people in proxy. This devotion just encourages us to pray the words of Scripture for people.

      I'm so glad that the Lord got your attention!
      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. What kept drawing me to this post was I kept seeing the title as "Praying for Santa's captives!" Lol Funny how our mind plays tricks on us! So glad I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does God hear prayers from those who say they believe but don't live a changed life and still hold on to the worldly ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a hard question, Diane. Genuine believers still sin, but those who stubbornly refuse to repent are probably not believers in the first place.

      So, does God answer unbeliever's prayers? Obviously, he answers their prayers of repentance, but I don't think Scripture gives us an exact answer.

      Psalm 66:18-20 says: "If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened."

      I think this means that Christians who are unrepentant will feel a distance from God until they repent.

      I'm sorry that I can't give you a more conclusive answer.

      Delete
    2. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. John 9:31. He means the sinners as in the unbelievers that live that lifestyle.

      Delete