"Dead" People Have Passion

We are called to "die to self and live for Christ. "Dead people" have these 4 passions and a wonderful "Mission Statement" found in Scripture. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

There are several signs that we are “dying” to self and living for Christ (Matthew 16:25).

One sign is having a passion for things of God.

1. A passionate desire to praise and glorify the Lord:

"I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:12

2. A passionate desire to obey:
"Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart." Psalm 119:34

3. A passionate trust in God:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

4. A passionate love for the Lord:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30

Galatians 6:14 is the mission statement of all who have died to self and found their passion in Christ:

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

See Extravagant Love and Why People Oppose Extravagant Love.

For more in this series about "Dying to Self":
Persecution
Purpose
Purity

FREE E-BOOKLET:
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.


We are called to "die to self and live for Christ. "Dead people" have these 4 passions and a wonderful "Mission Statement" found in Scripture. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment