1. The desire to be holy more than happy (1 John 2:15-17).
~Loving God more than we love worldly things.
2. The desire to honor and obey God even if it causes suffering (Philippians 3:7-16).
~Wanting to know Christ above all else.
3. The desire to carry his cross (Matthew 16:24).
~Willingly doing the things God calls us to do, without resentment.
4. The desire to see all things from God’s eternal perspective (Matthew 6:19-20).
~Storing our treasure in heaven because we know this life is but a breath.
5. The desire to learn from God's correction and discipline (Hebrews 12:4-11).
~Being teachable, quick to repent, able to identify our sins and learn from them.
6. The desire to focus on others more than on himself (Philippians 2:3-4).
~Aware that self-focus leads to selfishness.
Dear Lord, help us to have all six of these desires.
Some thoughts for this devotion came from Tozer's 7 Characteristics of a Spiritual Man (Gasping for the Glory of God).