God Calls Us To Die Before We Live

We Christians usually get the part about being alive in Christ, but we sometimes miss the part about our death which comes first. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Some people believe that God promises His children health, wealth, and comfort. 

In reality, God promises us martyrdom. 

Yes, I didn't misspeak.

You and I are called to be martyrs. 


Obviously, I don't mean that all of us are meant to be executed for sharing the Gospel.

But Scripture says we're all called to die for our faith: 

"Then [Jesus] said to them all: 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.'" Luke 9:23-24
 
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20  

Read Luke 9:24 again: "whoever loses their life for me will save it."

Some things are worth dying for, and there is no doubt in my mind that our faith in Jesus is one of them!
--------------------------------

To do a short Bible study on this devotion, check out today's Bite Size Bible Study.



Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

We Christians usually get the part about being alive in Christ, but we sometimes miss the part about our death which comes first. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

2 comments: