Wednesday

Viral Video: Small Boy Memorizing Scripture A-Z

memorizing Scripture
Not all viral videos are worth watching. But I found one this week that's well worth 3 minutes (HERE). 

It made me smile ... and convicted me.

I felt a similar conviction years ago when my friend Cindy told me her young son had memorized the entire book of Philippians.*

The video I linked above features a small boy sharing a Bible verse for each letter of the alphabet. Not only is it sweet to hear such a young voice repeating God's precious Word, it's a confirmation of what we humans can do if we make it a priority.

How important is God's Word to us?

Is it important enough to memorize - even if memory work is "not your thing"?

While I've memorized quite a bit of Scripture, I doubt that the Words of God I know outnumber the lyrics, commercials, and useless trivia I know.

Will you join me in committing to be more regular in memorizing Scripture?

* I memorized the book of Philippians after hearing this, and I must say it is a special book to me. That's one of the benefits of memorization - it makes Scripture more alive to us as it dwells richly in our hearts (Colossians 3:16).

Here are some 1-minute devotions that offer ideas for memory work:
6 Tips To Make Scripture Memory Easier
Dwelling - the 8x8 Method
Well Hidden

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly something I want to work on more. I do it every other day or sometimes every two days. It is crazy how distracted I get with social media. Do you have any tips? I know we all have all different seasons of life but maybe we can share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea. It's always good to hear ideas that help build success. And I'm so pleased to hear that you are already memorizing on a regular basis. Good for you! Do you have any tips to share? I have a devotion that offers some tips, and I will link it to the bottom of this devotion above. Wish I'd thought to do it before it went out to subscribers.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...