"If I Were God" And Other Arrogant Statements

"If I Were God" And Other Arrogant Statements
When will we learn that God knows more than we do...

"If I were God I’d have revealed myself  a better way than through the Bible.”

"If I were God I wouldn’t have created a hell.”

If I were God I wouldn’t allow suffering in the world.” 

I’ve heard these statements and others like them. And I'm ashamed to say I've said similar things myself.

We need to think about what we are saying when we make these statements:
  • Do we think we see the big picture like God sees it? 
  • Do we think God needs our advice? 
  • Do we really think we’d make a better God than God?
“Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! For who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who knows enough to be his counselor?” Romans 11:33-35 (NLT)

Incredibly, God forgives us despite our arrogance. If we were God, we probably wouldn't do that.
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011 


 Sign up for a free subscription below.
Enter your email address and VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to your inbox:


FeedBurner
"If I Were God" And Other Arrogant Statements

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...