Jesus commands Christians to be the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
What does this mean? How can we shine our light instead of hiding it (Matthew 5:14-15)?
1. Remember we've been called out of the world's darkness (1 Peter 2:9)
Live gratefully and deliberately.
2. Have fellowship with Jesus and other light-bearers (1 John 1:7).
Be committed and accountable to other Christians (Hebrews 10:24-25).
3. Live a godly life filled with good deeds that give God glory (Matthew 5:16).
Do the things God prepared for us (Ephesians 2:10).
4. Obey God (Ephesians 5:8-9).
Jesus says this is the true test of whether we love Him (John 15:14).
5. Find out what pleases God (Ephesians 5:10).
Study His Word and seek His guidance (Jeremiah 9:23-24).
6. Separate from dark things (Ephesians 5:11-13).
Don't let the world pollute our faith through false philosophies, immoral values, entertainment, reading, and music that glorify sin.
7. Expose evil deeds but don't focus on them (Ephesians 5:11-14).
Don't be ashamed to speak up for God's values but don't focus on evil details.
For a short, nutritious Bible study on this subject, check out today's Bite Size Bible study.