This Bugged Me

Matthew 6:19-21, store up treasures in heaven, eaten by moths
I pulled one of my favorite wool sweaters over my head only to find it riddled with tiny holes. It looked like Swiss cheese! 

One by one as I tried on my wool clothing, little holes appeared in them. 

 After several days of anxious investigation, we discovered that a former occupant of our new home had unknowingly left a "welcoming gift"--insect larva that eat wool. 

We had our house “bombed” with insecticide and all our wool items treated. 

And God used this little larva to remind me of Christ's words in Matthew 6:19-21: 

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where they can be eaten by moths and get rusty, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where they will never become moth-eaten or rusty and where they will be safe from thieves. Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.” (NLT) 

A hard lesson, but a good one.

Image: Stuart Miles FreeDigitalPhotos.com

5 comments:

  1. The world pushes us to have treasures here on earth....but the word of GOD is truth and we must dig into His word to keep the world's views pushed away.
    Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Piper.
      I also need these reminders.
      Bless you,
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this. I struggle with my treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michelle,
      I think most of us struggle to put material things in perspective.
      I know I need reminders like this.
      : )

      Delete
  3. What great reminder! (Something I should be focussing almost daily! Augh.) Your story about your wool clothing is a perfect illustration. I will remember it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...