- Has someone slandered you and damaged your reputation?
- Has someone returned you evil for good?
- Is there someone you've loved sacrificially who has turned on you?
- Are you confused by the way evil men triumph?
Sometimes when reading a Psalm, I pause and breathe a sigh realizing I'm not alone. Others have felt the same way I am feeling. And they took their feelings to their best friend, the Lord.
1. Give our feelings expression (Psalm 18:6).
2. Assure us others have experienced our problems (1 Corinthians 10:13).
3. Turn our hopelessness into hope and trust (Hebrews 11:1).
4. Prove that God isn't offended by our honest questions and feelings (Hebrews 4:16).
Are you struggling? I encourage you to read the Psalms daily.
Footnote: Three of the Scriptures linked to the benefits are not from the Psalms, but they interpret what happens in the Psalms.