I've struggled with resentment at times and I know this quote is true!
Some signs of resentment:
- You can’t think about the person without pain or anger.
- You suffer when you hear something good has happened to them.
- In your mind you have repetitious arguments with them.
So how do we quit drinking the poison of resentment?
- Believe it's poison--understand it will give Satan a deadly hold on our heart. (Ephesians 4:27)
- Let unproductive thoughts trigger immediate prayers for our offender. (Matthew 5:44)
- Quit trying to figure it out and move on. (Philippians 3:13)
- Give up our "right" to justice. (Philippians 2:5-7) God will bring about His purposes in His time.
Help us, Lord, to do these things!
* This quote has been attributed to a number of different people
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
Would you like to subscribe to Bible Love Notes: