I read "8 Things the Most Successful People in the World Do Before Bed."
Before bed, many highly successful people:
1. Get tasks done.
3. Write down the day's biggest accomplishments.
4. Plan for the next day.
5. Turn off electronics.
6. Get enough sleep.
8. Spend time with family.
I realized many of these habits would be good for Christians, but with a Biblical foundation:
1. Make sure we've honored our responsibilities. See Everything We Do
2. Read the Bible. See Bread Alone
3. Write down something we've learned about Jesus or record a victory we've had over sin.
See Journal is a Verb
4. Ask God's blessings for the following day. See Quiet TIME
5. Get offline and go "online" with God. See Talk or Power
6. Get enough sleep (this is good for so many things, spiritual and physical).
See Eat, Rest, Cry
7. Meditate on a Bible verse as we fall asleep. See Singing in the Shadow
8. Pray for our family. See 5 Ideas for Effective Prayer
Why not look over these possibilities and ask God if you need to add any to your evening routine. They may bless your life with spiritual "success."
Did you like this devotion? Why not sign up to have a 1-Minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email each weekday? It's free and you can find out more HERE.