Collect It Daily


You may have missed this purpose of Manna, but you need to know it because it applies to us today. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Manna

They couldn’t plant and harvest, so God supernaturally gave them manna--a delicious, healthy grain. Manna was not only a proof of God's love, it was also a test of faith. 

You may have missed this purpose of Manna, but you need to know it because it applies to us today. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Manna
But they failed the test...they repeatedly complained and begged for Egyptian slave food.

Lately I’m realizing how often I do the same thing. I’m more apt to be disappointed about something I don't have than to enjoy God’s marvelous presence and provision for me. 

“He gave you manna to eat...to teach you that you must not depend on bread alone to sustain you, but on everything that the Lord says” (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 4:4).

God's Word is always available to keep me healthy and well-fed spiritually if I’ll quit longing for things I don't have and start "collecting and eating" His Word daily.

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”  Colossians 3:16


copyright 2012, Bible Love Notes 
More 1-minute devotions about manna:
Sin Stinks....Literally
Bamanna Bread or Banana Bread?

You may have missed this purpose of Manna, but you need to know it because it applies to us today.


4 comments:

  1. God Bless YOU and your work ♥ are you on Twitter? do you think "manna" was quinoa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think it was something unlike any other grain or food that we have. : )
      It didn't grow....it was like dew on the grass.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Bible Love Notes is on Twitter : ) The link is on the sidebar : )

      Delete
  2. thank YOU so VERY much, Gail ♥ yes, I found you and followed you on Twitter (I'm http://twitter.com/NatureAngie and I share your beautiful verses) ♥ God Bless YOU and ALL your beautiful work

    ReplyDelete