5 Ideas for More Effective Prayer

These 5 ideas can make your prayer life more effective. They are all practical and tested. See if any of them work for you. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Ever feel like your prayer life is hard to “manage”? 

Do you have trouble focusing and remembering prayer requests? 

Are you overwhelmed by the volume of things on your prayer list?

Colossians 4:2 tells us to devote ourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful, so I’m always trying to discover new ways to be more effective in prayer. Here are five things that can help: 

Keep a prayer file: Keep a recipe file of 3x5 cards with daily, weekly, and monthly prayer needs so you can cover more ground.

Collect prayer photos: When we travel, I carry a small photo book with pictures of my friends and family. These are a nice reminder to pray for my loved ones back home. (See Photos & Prayers)

Keep a journal list: Writing down requests helps me focus and remember. (See Journal is a Verb)

Pray Scripture: Some prayers in Scripture are perfect prayers for people on our list. For example: Philippians 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:17-19, Colossians 1:9-14. (See Passages and Prayers)

Write prayers on sticky notes: Then put these sticky notes on your TV remote, dashboard, bathroom mirror, or kitchen window.

Why not ask God if one of these things would help you draw closer to Him?
💙💙💙
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. To find out more see 10 Reasons Why You'll Love Wisdom for Life 
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet offering quiet time encouragement. Find out more HERE.
 
These 5 ideas can make your prayer life more effective. They are all practical and tested. See if any of them work for you.

These 5 ideas can make your prayer life more effective. They are all practical and tested. See if any of them work for you.




Bible Love Notes

14 comments:

  1. I was just thinking last night about how I'd gotten away from my prayer journal recently and how much I had missed it. Thanks for the nudge, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my prayer journal, because as I pray for the current requests in my family, friends', church's lives I can look back at all the highlighted requests from the past that signify answered prayers. It gives me faith for the future based on what God's done in the past. Thanks for some practical thoughts, as always, dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and great reminders and suggestions I am trying to be organized so I can remember prayer needs. Thanks for sharing these great tips.
    May your day be filled with smiles,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of the prayer photos and the prayer file.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayer calendars from inspired toaction.com work well!
    http://bit.ly/YFde7k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good tips. I like the daily/weekly/monthly idea. And the sticky notes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the prayer photos idea. What a keeper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to do one of these... I am so forgetful. Thanks for sharing this with the Thrive @ Home link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tips on prayer. Have a hard time with talking to God yet. Need to pray more during the day instead of before going to bed tired. Have learned so much in these last few months. I'm lIke a baby in diapers learning to walk. Need to get to the next step. After reading The Lord's Prayer by W Phillip Keller and how he explains the Lords Prayer makes it seem like I'm Praying and not just saying the prayer. It means more to me now.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear another feels like me- like a bottle fed baby in diapers!! Keep going, you're building prayer habits and growing 😊

      Delete
  10. Gail the scripture prayer idea is great. I've now got 4 prayers for my daughter instead of the same one every time. Have you got any for my unsaved son please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Welshlady,

      I actually pray some of those listed for my unsaved loved ones. Even though they are directed at saved people when prayed in Scripture, certain aspects of them fit even for unsaved. For example, it's my desire that my unsaved loved ones "may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that [they] may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ" Phil.1:9-11 and "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give [them] the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that [they] may know him better" Eph.1:17. Obviously, they don't have any of these things as yet, but I'm praying that they do.

      But we could also pray using Scripture as a guide. For example, asking that our unsaved loved ones would find the Way, the Truth, and the Life that is found only in Jesus (John 14:6), asking that their minds would no longer be blinded to the gospel (2 Corinthians 4:4), etc.

      I join you in praying that your son comes to the Lord. It's so hard when people we love are not saved.

      God bless you.
      Gail

      Delete
  11. Each morning and through out the day give thanks and Worship God for who He is, our Great majectic Holy God. Ceator of all, great and small. OUR FATHER which art in Heaven. No request just praise and worship to glorfiy Him on His Holy throne. Scriptures indicate He created us to Worship Him. I try to use A.C.T.S. guide lines in prayer. Acclamation-Praise God for who He is. Confession-Forgiveness for sin nature. Thanksgiving-in and through all things. Supplications-Ask God for His Blessings according to His will. Just something to give though and prayer to through out the day. Try praying outloud as well as silent supplications. May we as a nation be blessed as we seek Him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had never heard of A.C.T.S.- I love it! I have often shared and used "P.R.A.Y." acronym to help me 'organize' my racing thoughts in prayer: Praise Him, Repent and confess, Ask your requests, Yield to His will.

    ReplyDelete