4 Ways To Develop Our God-Given Purposes

God has plans for our lives. This devotion offers 4 Ways to use life experiences to identify, clarify, and develop our God-given purposes.

From my vantage point of more than 70+ years of life, let me give you some suggestions for finding your role in God's kingdom:

1. Try new things!

Don't limit yourself, especially during the first 40 years of your life. 

Doing a variety of things, even things out of your comfort zone, teaches you important lessons. 

2. Humbly learn from others.

I once edited submissions to a devotional blog, and I learned that many mediocre writers refuse suggestions or edits while most good writers want them (Proverbs 4:13, Proverbs 23:22, 1 Peter 5:5).

3. Never stop learning.

There's always something new to learn. 

Regularly seek improvement (Colossians 3:23, Waste or Invest).

4. Set your mind on God's plan.
Despite the popular saying that we can do whatever we set our minds to do, we can't and we shouldn't. 

We need to seek God's will, not ours (1 Peter 4:10-11, You Can't).

Following Christ is a wonderful adventure if we are willing to be Life-Long Students, seeking Christ's purposes for our lives (Ephesians 2:10).

---------------------
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or Amazon.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

God has plans for our lives. This devotion offers 4 Ways to use life experiences to identify, clarify, and develop our God-given purposes.



God has plans for our lives. This devotion offers 4 Ways to use life experiences to identify, clarify, and develop our God-given purposes.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks, This is what i need to read this moring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, and so beautiful about finding ourselves. I might add, that at ages between 50 and whenever it is also go to revisit what we enjoyed earlier in our life. I was once very depressed and burned out. The realization came to me that I didn't promise anybody to do the same thing forever . I volunteered at a hospital and it took the depression away. How could I feel sorry for myself when so many had so little to be grateful for. Of course I had help from God too! We were all created with this little voice that says yes, yes, when we are happy doing something. We need to listen to that voice and be thankful we can make changes (I am 71 now and look forward to many many years of being creative and enjoying it with all the little people in my life and my family and friends)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i especially like number 4.that really hits home for me.

    ReplyDelete