When One Verse Leads to Another and Then Another...

Sometimes we read one verse and it naturally leads to another...and then another, and it gives us a fuller view of God's Truth.

Do you ever start reading one Bible passage and it reminds you of another and then another? 

That’s what happened one morning when I read Galatians 1:4: “Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.” 

This spoke to my heart because I’ve been grieving over the evil in our world. The upcoming election highlights it for me. We aren’t choosing between the better of two good platforms. We’re choosing the lesser of two evils (e.g., mildly proabortion or wildly proabortion). 

Galatians 1:4 led me to 1 John 2:15-17 which explains we can’t love God if we’re focused on worldly pleasure, possessions, and popularity, all of which are temporary and distracting. 

Then 1 John led me to Ephesians 5:15-20 which tells us to be careful how we live “because the days are evil.” 

It encourages us to make the most of our opportunities, understanding God’s will, refusing to live wild or careless lives, and being filled with God’s Spirit. 

Then it gives suggestions for living this way: reciting psalms, singing spiritual songs, making music in our hearts to the Lord, and thanking God for everything. 

When our lives are focused on Scripture and gratitude toward God, it brings music into our hearts that helps us face our evil world and resist the sinful things it offers. 

I love how consistent and relevant God's Word is. I definitely need the music it brings to my heart! How about you?

💙💙💙

I encourage you to read the one-minute devotion:

I find it interesting that Ephesians 5:19 specifically mentions Psalms as something we should be reciting. When I wrote my book Wisdom for Life, it gave me a new appreciation for the Psalms, a book I've always loved. I think you'll enjoy the one-minute devotions in the book which are all based on Psalms and Proverbs. And there are some great sales on the book on LifewayAmazon, and CBD.

Sometimes we read one verse and it naturally leads to another...and then another, and it gives us a fuller view of God's Truth.

Sometimes we read one verse and it naturally leads to another...and then another, and it gives us a fuller view of God's Truth.

Sometimes we read one verse and it naturally leads to another...and then another, and it gives us a fuller view of God's Truth.


BLN

No comments:

Post a Comment