Friday

The Unshakable Bottom Line

Book of Job, God's answer to Job, Trusting God
A friend and I were talking about a time in our lives when God turned things upside-down, confused and even disappointed us. 

It was faith-bending at first because it seemed like we'd overestimated God. But, in the end, it was faith-building because we'd actually underestimated Him. 

We often underestimate God. 

That's why God gave us the Book of Job. 

When Job's world crashed around him, he proclaimed the unshakable bottom line of true faith: “The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised" (Job 1:21).

However, when things got worse, Job also began to underestimate God's love and wisdom. So God gave Job the only answer any of us need--the reminder that we are not all-wise and all-knowing, but He is.

Are you struggling with a trial that doesn't seem good or fair? I encourage you to read the final chapters of Job and remember that unshakable bottom line (Job 38-42:6).

6 comments:

  1. Good reminder, Gail. Seems there are a few of us mulling this over at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good thought to mull over today, Gail. I am praying for you :-) that you both have continued strength to minister while you are away for missions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this post today. I needed to read it. I needed the reminder that He is all-wise & all-knowing. He will do what is best for me in His eyes as He is the One holding the plans.
    Blessings,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was blessed by this post. Job is one of my favorite Books in the Bible. There are so many lessons to be learned therein. Thanks for hosting this inspirational party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail...That verse from Job had new meaning to me when our son went home to the Lord. God's sovereignty is not always to be understood but it can be trusted. Thank you for the reminder today and for the link up friend. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog...and am glad I did! This is a truly encouraging word for me today as I travel through loss. I know that God is trustworthy and always worthy of our praise!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...