Thursday

Faith Falling

faith, Bible, trust
A man fell off a cliff and grabbed a branch on the way down. 

Dangling by one hand, he yelled, "Is anyone up there who can help me?" 

A voice thundered from above, "This is God. Let go of the branch." 

The man thought a moment ... 

"Is there anyone else up there who can help me?" 

I heard this joke many years ago, and there are times I've felt exactly like that man dangling from a branch, afraid to trust God completely. 

I wonder if Noah, Abraham or Moses ever felt that way?

I think they did, but they let go of the branch. 

And everything went great for them. 
Right? 
Wrong!
   

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." 
Hebrews 11:13

Faith isn't believing everything will turn out great. It's believing God knows what He's doing even when it doesn't.

3 comments:

  1. Faith isn't believing everything will turn out great. It's believing God knows what He's doing even when it doesn't. -- that is one powerful statement, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gail for all your faithful reminders. My life has become more and more busy than before. But I never miss you read your BLN, they are food for my soul, and I wanted you to know that. I follow you every day even when I don't have a second to write a note. Today I have the flu and I am blessed to be able to read this and catch up with other posts of yours. Praying God keeps using you in other people's lives the way He has in mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta, for your encouragement. You are always so kind. I'm praying that you are soon healed of the flu and feeling better. Love, Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...