Wednesday

Paper, Pen, Prayer & Learning Style

praying according to your learning style
  • Visual learners--learn best through pictures, hand-outs, and written text. 
  • Auditory learners--learn best through lectures, discussions, and reading aloud. 
  • Kinesthetic learners--learn best through touching, feeling, or writing information. 
Since prayer requires concentration, it's helpful to employ our learning style when developing a habit of prayer. 

I'm a visual/kinesthetic learner, and journaling helps me stay focused during prayer. 

I've always enjoyed circling and underlining passages in my Bible and drawing tiny pictures in the margins. I highlight my journal with hearts, stars, happy faces, and sometimes use stickers. I outline Scripture passages and "diagram" verses to better understand the meaning. 

Journaling may not be as important to auditory learners, although reading journal entries aloud or discussing written passages with a partner would fit their learning style. 

It's always worthwhile to develop habits that help us "Devote ourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful" (Colossians 4:2). 

Do you use your learning style to stay focused in prayer? I'd love to hear about it. 

Below I've shared some of my doodles and drawings. I hope they will give you ideas for your own Bible journaling! ~ Gail


I know I'm not a gifted artist, but I've improved as I've "practiced," and you don't need to be a good artist - just enjoy what you are doing and let it enrich your time in God's Word! ~ Gail

4 comments:

  1. Helpful ideas...I'm trying to figure out which is my learning style, and I'm sure it is a combination. I'm thinking it is Auditory and Visual, but then, I know I learn when I write things down. So, maybe I'm a combination of all three! (I'm a complex woman - lol) I've discovered that I am able to "get more out" when I write down my prayers. I like to see the words on paper...plus, I take longer to write than I do to speak, so my thoughts are more detailed when I write.

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting idea. I hadn't thought about using my learning style in improving my prayer life. Thanks, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea; never really thought about it before, but I might give it a try. Beautiful pictures, and thank you for the inspiration!
    God bless, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for this idea. I hope I can share what I learned for your article, so others can be inspired as well. God bless you and all you do. I am a teacher in a seminary and this can help me. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...