Think Inside the Box - Encourage a Friend

Encourage someone with a surprise box, 1 Thessalonians 5:11
"For 75 years, Finland's expectant mothers have been given a box by the state. It's like a starter kit of clothes, sheets and toys that can even be used as a bed. And some say it helped Finland achieve one of the world's lowest infant mortality rates."*

Since the 1930s these baby boxes have been helping and encouraging new moms. Neat idea, isn't it? 

Whose spirit isn't encouraged by a gift box in the mail, whether you have a need or not.

Years ago my friend (who loved stuffed bears) had 6 weeks of post-cancer radiation treatments scheduled. Though we lived far apart, I sent her a huge box containing 6 wrapped bears to be opened at the beginning of each week of treatment. 

Is there someone in your life who needs a gift box or card: a lonely senior, a struggling young family, an aging parent, a new empty-nester, a handicapped child, an out-of-work friend?

Today think of a way to "encourage one another and build each other up," 
1 Thessalonians 5:11 
image: Phaitoon Free Digitial Photos

Encourage someone with a surprise box, 1 Thessalonians 5:11


9 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Your post reminded of a recent visit to a family who is taking cancer treatments. She gladly displayed a surprise gift box she had received recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the child in us that loves surprise packages, don't you?
      I pray your friend's treatments completely heal her of the cancer.
      Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail, I recently sent our family doctor a thank you note, when I felt he went "above and beyond the call of duty." The next time I saw him, he remarked that thank you notes really "keep him going," and thanked me for it--twice. It was so simple for me, and really blessed him. Thanks for your encouragement to encourage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea...and something I've never thought to do. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I need these reminders too : )
      Hope this post will end up blessing many.

      Delete
  4. Great post, Gail! I believe encouragement is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting post, Gail. You come up with some interesting stories to bring your point to your readers. Now, you have put an idea in my head to give care boxes to some people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...