Screamers

present hardships prepare us for future blessings, knowing God loves us no matter what
“No!” 
the 3-year-old screamed…
at full volume…
while hitting his parents. 
This happened repeatedly during our two hour flight.

I was sitting next to his dad who told me they were going to visit the little boy's grandparents at the beach. But all the little boy could think about was the fact that he had to sit in his seat for two hours.

I thought of myself and most adults in affluent countries and realized that in many ways we are like that screaming child. God gives us so many great gifts, but the slightest interruption or hardship finds us screaming,“hitting” God, and squirming in our seats.

If only we would "sit still" in our hardships, we might find they are actually preparation for future blessings (like this child's time at the beach).  

Today I'm seeking to remember “what great love the Father has lavished on us” (1 John 3) and quit focusing on my difficulties. Will you join me? 



Would you like some inspiration from Christians who lived their faith in hard situations? Check out Bible Love Notes "Inspiring Christians" archive that features seven 1-Minute devotions. Why not bookmark the page and read each devotion when you have a chance?
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Needed that today as I'm rearranging and reorganizing, trying to fit our family of eight into our 1700 SF house better. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Meghan, I pray special blessings on you during this challenging reorganization. I enjoy reading your blog when I have a chance, and I hope you will be writing on this reorganization...I'm sure all of us can benefit. Bless you, Gail

      Delete
  2. Yes, I needed to hear about how God loves us today. A friend died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder. I did subscribe this morning. I'm so busy in my life, one minute devotions would really fit my schedule. I often need reminded to praise our Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, and such food for thought. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...