2 Timothy 2:3-4 - Jesus Journaling

Hi! I'm Gail. My quiet time has been enhanced by creative journaling, but my main focus is writing 1-minute devotions for Bible Love Notes. Please check out my homepage and sign up for a free subscription while you are here. My 1-minute devotions are a fast read and they might give you inspiration for some creative journaling! 

2 Timothy 2:3-4:


"Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer."

I was an Army wife for 22 years while my husband served, so this passage has special meaning to me. We were stationed in Germany when the wall was still up, and my husband's tank company had a position on the border to guard. He worked long hours without complaining. When he had training or alerts, it didn't matter if it was a holiday or a birthday, he had to go. 

I think that's the kind of service we're called to as Christians - Jesus first even when it's inconvenient or difficult.

Creative Tips: I drew this picture with colored pencils by looking at another drawing of a soldier. I couldn't have drawn it without that help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...