Saturday

Psalm 26 - Jesus Journaling

Hi! I'm Gail and I write 1-minute devotions for Bible Love Notes. Because creative journaling has enhanced my quiet time, I'm writing some journaling posts that don't go out to my regular subscribers.

But I'd love for everyone who reads this to check out my homepage. You might find that my 1-minute devotions can also enhance your quiet time. If so, you can sign up for a free subscription on the sidebar.

Psalm 26:2:
Sometimes I like to look at a verse in several different versions to get a fuller understanding of it. 

The KJV really threw me at first. I think it uses "reins" to mean direction or guidance since reins are used to guide a horse on the path. And I thought the NLT put an interesting twist on "test me" by saying "Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me" :)

Psalm 26:2:
♥ Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind (NIV)
♥ Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart. (NLT)
♥ Prove me, O LORD, and try me; test my heart and my mind (ESV)
♥ Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.(KJV)

Creative Tips: I created my flower with colored pencils by following a "How to Draw a Daisy" tutorial. You can find that tutorial pinned to my Jesus Journaling Pinterest board. And check out the Jesus Journaling Facebook Group too where members share their creative journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...