Settling For Spiritual Peanut Butter

Many Christians are like people on an all-inclusive cruise who sit in their cabins eatting peanut butter sandwiches. This 1-minute devotion explains why.  #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Suppose someone went on a cruise and didn't realize the meals were included in the price. While others dined on the chef’s finest dishes in the dining room, they ate peanut butter sandwiches in their cabin.

It's a good analogy for my behavior at times when I stupidly depend on my own resources instead of God. 

I may see some results…after all, peanut butter has some nutrition.

But real change comes when I depend on God’s Word and prayer to change me.

Hebrews 4:12 says God’s Word is alive (yes!). It actively changes my heart and mind and reveals my true attitudes. If I believe it, memorize it and meditate on it, I will change.

You and I can dine on the peanut butter of self-help or sit at the banquet table of God’s Word. When we "sign up" for our salvation journey all “meals” are included!

------------------
Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Many Christians are like people on an all-inclusive cruise who sit in their cabins eatting peanut butter sandwiches. This 1-minute devotion explains why.  #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Bible Love Notes

3 comments:

  1. I just love your SHORT blog post, you have a way of writing something powerful without using too many words. Thanks... and yes, all meals are included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your short posts! we need to thank Jesus every day for all of our meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat what God wants me to as all meals are already included. Thanks for the Word.

    ReplyDelete