Can You Hear the Shepherd's Voice?

In John 10 Christ reveals some important things about His role as our Shepherd. This 1-minute devotion explains.

John 10 is a wonderful revelation of Christ’s mission and character as our Shepherd. 

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (v. 11

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.” (vv. 14-15

The Good Shepherd is one of the most beautiful analogies in Scripture. That’s why Psalm 23 has always been one of the most beloved chapters in the Bible. True believers know we need a Shepherd.

John 10 repeatedly assures us that Christ willingly died for our sins, and it uses the analogy of a shepherd to help us understand His constant care and concern for our well-being.

Throughout the chapter we hear of “thieves, robbers, and hired hands,” false teachers who may appear to be shepherds but have no real concern for the flock. 

And there’s one point that Christ emphasizes, repeating it in these four verses: 3, 4, 16, and 27. It’s an important truth for avoiding the thieves. So click the link or pull out your Bible, and find out what Christ stresses.

And I encourage you to read through these verses that share other details about our Shepherd. Psalm 95:7; 79:13; 100:3; Ezekiel 34:31; Isaiah 40:11; Ezekiel 34:11-16; Matthew 25:32-34

I'm asking you to do a little "homework" with this devotion because I want you to recognize the voice of your Shepherd. 

And all Scriptures are linked for your convenience!

Be sure to check out Wisdom for Life - a hardcover book that costs less than most paperbacks. It features 100 1-minute devotions from Psalms and Proverbs! You can read about the special way this book came about here: God Brought it About!
 
 
In John 10 Christ reveals some important things about His role as our Shepherd. This 1-minute devotion explains.



Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment