False Teachers Always “Climb over the Wall”

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees when He made this wonderful "I Am statement."

Speaking to the Pharisees, Christ explained that thieves and robbers climb into the sheep pen, but the sheep know only the voice of the shepherd and run away from them (John 10:1-10). 

The Pharisees didn’t understand, so Jesus said, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:7-10).

Jesus is the “gate” to salvation. But there always have been and always will be false teachers “climbing” into the church to mislead the sheep.

Jesus was speaking to some of those false teachers when He made this “I am" statement. Like the thieves and robbers in our modern churches, the Pharisees were distorting God's Word.

That is why we must carefully examine things that are taught in our churches. We must learn to recognize the voice of our Savior and reject all other voices. How do we do this? We do it by reading and studying His Word (Matthew 7:15; 1 John 4:1; 2 Timothy 2:15).

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees when He made this wonderful "I Am statement."


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment